Call for Graduate Student Profiles
Are you on the job market and looking for a way to stand out during the annual meetings?
The emotions section requests graduate student profiles to feature during the annual meetings on our website. We will continue the tradition of featuring graduate student profiles in our newsletter however, this year we are adding a new opportunity for our emotions section members to have their profile featured on the website and to be promoted during the ASA on our section’s Facebook page and twitter via @SocEmotions (along with the hashtag #ASA13 for others conference followers to see).
Profiles are being accepted for publication on the website immediately (be sure to send a photo if you wish to have one published alongside your profile).
Email our section Webmaster and newsletter editor Jessica Leveto at email@example.com. Profiles will still continue to be accepted after the ASA meeting for our newsletter.
Please send the following in a word document (photo does not have to be in the document).
Areas of Specialization
Website (if available)
Brief Bio (optional & can include teaching interests)
Call for Newletter Materials
Please send any of the following for upcoming newsletters
1. Upcoming conferences, calls for papers, special issues of journals or grant opportunities.
2. Reviews of conferences that would be of interest to section members.
3. Profiles of graduate students who are on the job market (see previous newsletters for an idea of length and content).
4. Titles of new or forthcoming books or articles that would be of interest to section members.
5. "What's On Your Bookshelf?" - A short description of three books that have been influential to you.
6. Photos of recent conferences.
7. Update on other issues that relate to the Sociology of Emotion.
Email Newsletter Materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Announcements to Jessica Leveto @ email@example.com